Saturday, 16 March 2013

NOTD Inspiration: French Manicure + Bling + Polka Dots

Hello there! 

The other day, I was painting my nails the traditional French Manicure. If you haven't tried that or you're not aware what that is, please check Google for images. Just kidding! Well, it's the type of manicure wherein you paint the part of your nail which is not attached to the nail bed (aka only the tips) with white nail polish. But after an hour, I decided to take it off due to these shallow reasons: (a.) It looks fake since I have short nails. (b.) I got bored. So I decided to create this nail art with the French Manicure still on my mind. I call it French Manicure with a twist!
nail art, NOTD, french manicure, polka dot, polka dot nail art, glitter nail art, bling
For this NOTD, you'll need:
- nude/neutral nail polish
- black nail polish
- nail rhinestones or your glitter polish, choose the one with circle/hexagon shapes (like the one I used)
- nail dotting tool or tooth pick

Let's begin!

  1. Start with clean nails and apply base coat to protect your nails.
  2. Then paint two coats of nude nail polish and allow it to dry.
  3. Using your nail dotting tool, begin lining the tip of your nails with black dots. Make sure that the dots are a bit bigger than your nail rhinestones/glitter. 
  4. With your steady hand, carefully apply nail rhinestones on every dots you made. In my case since I used a glitter polish, I smeared a drop of glitter polish on a paper with scotch tape. Then I used my nail dotting tool (the one with super pointed end) to 'harvest' the hexagon glitter to attach it to the dots.
  5. Finish it with top coat to protect your nails.
Hopefully you like this nail tutorial. I'm really into nails these past few days and I have an unhealthy habit of changing my nail polish from time to time, so expect more NOTD/nail art posts! =D




No comments:

Post a Comment