Sunday, 14 October 2012

Strangers, again (NOT!)




This has been sitting on my blog draft for quite sometime now and I still think whether I'll share it or not. But here it is...

I recently watched this video from Wong Fu Productions called 'Strangers, again'. Basically it's about relationship-gone-sour lifecycle. I think this was made based on a male's point of view. I will not talk about break up though, more of how NOT to end up in 'Break Up' stage. I need to give this disclaimer that what is written here is entirely my own opinion. I will not drop names and I will talk on 'general' matter, if you know what I mean. I also need to advise you that some topics that I'm going to discuss (classroom,eh?) might be a little bit offending so please leave if the topic is not your egg.

If you watched the video you'll know that it has seven stages. First stage: Meeting, where love-at-first sight happens. If your are friends with him/her for years, it doesn't count. Stage 1 is the discovery of the 'feeling'.  My favorite is stage 2: The Chase. Yes, I like it more than 'honeymoon' because it is the getting to know stage and you have all the kilig. You get all excited every time you receive a text from him/her and gets disappointed if the text you received is a GM or from Globe. Since this is also the getting to know stage, we all know that guys put their BESTest foot forward to impress the girl, not my cup of tea actually but quite a 'humbling' experience (please read the sarcasm) if you know the guy makes all the effort to make you his girl. And us girls do all the pagpapaganda (beauty thy self).

And then there's the TOLERANCE and DOWNHILL stage. Why do most couples end at this stage and BREAK UP?

A lot of couples expect too much from their partner (from this point on, partner means the other half, it doesn't mean they need to be sexually involved). This is somewhere during the honeymoon phase. Don't expect your partner to be that someone you knew from 'the chase' stage. Too much expectation as we all know leads to disappointment. Remember this is no longer stage 2. That's why you need to be honest with your partner all the time and as early as possible.If you want to maintain the excitement of The Chase stage, do what you're doing before. Out of the blue, send a text saying you love him/her. Never pass a day without saying 'I love you'. You can also give your partner a surprise letter or a simple take out or pasalubong. It doesn't have to be expensive. Sounds cheesy but it's the thought that counts.

Respecting each other's opinion is very important. Sometimes you may oppose to what your partner is saying, but hear it out first. Never ever cut him/her off. You don't want to be trapped in that kind of relationship, like an expired can of sardines ready to explode any time. Communication is one of the key in every relationship. You have to tell your partner what you want and what you don't want and respect what he/she has to tell as well. It's NOT all about you. It takes two to tango.

Being in a relationship is not all sugar and smiles. Sacrifice, I think, makes 50% of the relationship since again, it's not all about you. I know if you think he/she is your dream guy/girl (of course,you'll not enter in a relationship if he/she is not) or THE ONE, you'll do what it takes to make it last forever. I am not pro when it comes to relationship and stuff , but this is what I think will help to make it work and lasts. Spread the love. Good luck!!!





P.S. Happy 65th month love...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment