Monday, 25 June 2012

Movie Mania: 3 Idiots

Aal izz well!!! (That's 'All is well')

I've been introduced to this Bollywood movie '3 Idiots' and I've been hooked since then. I have a last song syndrome with the song. I checked it in the internet and I found out that it was the highest grossing Bollywood film of all time! And I think I was in in high school (or was it college world history) when we were told that Bollywood make more movies than Hollywood does. It's like selling hotcakes to me!

I got this photo from google
3 Idiots is a movie about these three engineering students Fahran, Raju and Rancho. Fahran's future to be an engineer was set up even before he was born but he really wants to be a wildlife photographer. Raju was pressured to excel since since his family rely on him to get them out of poverty. While on the other hand, Rancho is a student full of mischief who has passion for machines who doesn't believe in the old pedagogical method of education. Also to him: strive for excellence and success will follow you. Other characters include Virus, the school's director; Pia, Virus' medical student daughter or Miss Idiot and my favorite Chatur, a studious and forever teacher's pet.

I love the song and dance portion which I think a constant staple of a Bollywood film, a trademark maybe? This is my favorite:


It is a very good movie. It's light and feel-good, my kind of movie. I don't want this blog post as a movie review type of thing or sorta reflection. Just watch it and see for yourself. Check it in youtube (make sure to watch the one with subtitles though). Or you can download it on the web. Happy watching. Two thumbs up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment