Saturday, 23 June 2012

Facebook Email

How many of you got facebook account? How about an email account? I was browsing my account info (check About) and I noticed I've got a facebook email!!! It sounds cool to me. Why?

Almost every transactions now are done via social networking sites, emails and eshops over the web. If you don't have an access to your email (or facebook) it is either you still make use of your snail mail or connect via phonecalls (if you're rich enough to afford load for your celphone).

(photo source)
If you have facebook, you should know that you're sharing a piece of you in public. I used a personal email the first time I signed up with facebook. That was also the same email I used as a contact info when I was still a student. Not a good idea. People will ask for your email to add you as a facebook friend (since email search is more accurate). 

Good thing facebook email was invented. It sounds cool to me because if you're hesitant to use your personal and work email due to privacy purposes, you can give them your facebook email as an alternative.  But don't ever use it as a professional or work email. Don't use a username like sweetsexybiatch. People will not find you serious enough for your job.Also you can try to use a different email for social networking and the one you use for work and professional purposes. You can sign up in Google, it's free. *wink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment