Monday, 30 April 2012

I Can't Live Without Alcohol

Yes..you read it right. But it's not what you think it is. I super rarely drink alcoholic beverages. I'm not being a hypocrite here. I hate the feeling of getting dizzy and getting a hang over the morning after. I easily get drunk and I don't want to embarrass myself by not being responsible of what I'm doing. I hate it when drunk people are no longer out of control!!! And drunk people have this stinky smell..eww,just thinking of it gives me cringes..

I'm talking about the other alcohol.. The antiseptic/disinfectant one. In my case, I'm using isopropyl alcohol (not the spray one) from Green Cross. It is available in different concentrations. And it has moisturizers! You can choose other brands from the nearest grocery or drug store near you.

photo from Google Images

I can't survive a day without an alcohol in my bag. I know there are gel sanitizers readily available in different smell and packaging but I never liked them. Yes, some smells fantastic (though most are overwhelming) and claims to kill 99.99% of germs but it feels so sticky in my hands.

I am not germaphobic but I know door handles, elevator buttons and public restrooms contain gazillion of germs. During grade school we were thought that handshakes can transfer viruses and might get you infected. And you'll never know what they touched before shaking your hands! I imagine my hands look like the one in Safeguard commercial. I may sound crazy (and maarte) but getting infected (and sick) is the last thing on my mind.

Carrying a small bottle won't hurt. Any sanitizers will do actually.  Soap and water are not there always to 'protect' you. My point is, there are a lot of diseases carried and transferred by hand and extra precaution will take a mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment